TeenSafe Allows Parents to:
View sent, received and deleted SMS and iMessages.
View Phone Location
See your teen’s current smartphone location on a map as well a history of the phone’s location.
View call logs of incoming and outgoing calls including contact name, number, date and duration.
View Web History
View your child’s web browser history.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is TeenSafe?
TeenSafe is a subscription service for parents of children between the ages of 7-17 that provides smartphone monitoring capabilities. With a single email address, you can gain access to:
www.TeenSafe.com – Login and monitor your teen’s smartphone data and interactions securely on our Dashboard. Only you can access your child’s data with your TeenSafe login. ($14.95/month)
- How do I cancel my TeenSafe account?If you wish to cancel your TeenSafe account, please login to your account and go to the My Account area. Then, click Cancel Subscription.
If you do not remember the email address under which you originally signed up or you can no longer receive email at that address in order to reset your password, please email us at email@example.com with the following information:
- The first 6 digits and the last 4 digits of the credit card used to setup the account (please do not email the entire credit card number)
- First name and last name of the credit card holder
- Date of any recent transactions on your credit card statement from TeenSafe
- If you used PayPal, the email address associated with the PayPal account
- What does TeenSafe enable me to see?
Using TeenSafe, parents can see:
- Sent, received and deleted SMS and iMessages.
- Call logs of sent and received phone calls.
- Device location and location history.
- Web browsing history, bookmarks and contacts.
- Messages sent via Whatsapp and Kik Messenger.
- Does my teen need to know that I’m using TeenSafe?Every parent’s situation is unique. Many parents choose to tell their teen that they’re using www.TeenSafe.com, and disclosure to teens is recommended by TeenSafe. Interpretation of privacy laws varies from state to state and country to country but, with respect to parental monitoring, TeenSafe now provides notice to teens whose devices are being monitored.
- Does TeenSafe work with all mobile phones?
TeenSafe’s monitoring service works with iPhone. It also works with iPads, the iPod touch. TeenSafe does not currently work with Blackberries or Windows phones.
- Will I be able to see images or video sent via text? No. It is TeenSafe’s policy to not display images nor videos sent via text from their phone.
- How is TeenSafe different?Your www.TeenSafe.com login works without requiring your child’s iPhone to be “jailbroken”. TeenSafe does not alter an iPhone in anyway and does not violate the phone’s warranty. TeenSafe offers parents a single and secure method by which they can access and monitor their teen’s digital lives.
- Can I add more than one teen?Yes. You can add an unlimited number of teens for no additional cost.
- What does TeenSafe cost?
After a 7 day free trial, TeenSafe monitoring costs $14.95/month. Cancel anytime.
- What is TeenSafe Desktop?
- What is TeenSafe Desktop?TeenSafe Desktop is a new applet designed to reduce the occurrence of frequent iCloud account lockouts experienced by many parents. It uses your home’s local network to download your child’s Apple iCloud backup data to your computer and then upload it to TeenSafe’s servers.
The TeenSafe Desktop app runs in the background on your Mac or Windows PC and is “called” anytime you log into your www.TeenSafe.com account and click “Get Latest Data” or onboard a new device. If you need help, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-245-8698 and reference the TeenSafe Desktop app.
- What are the system requirements to run TeenSafe Desktop?
- Mac OS X 10.11, 10.12, 10.13 High Sierra
- Microsoft Windows 8 Pro / Enterprise (32/64 bit)
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 (Windows 8.1 Update) / Pro / Enterprise (32/64 bit)
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise TH1 / TH2 / RS1 / RS2 / RS3 (32/64 bit)
o Intel Pentium 1 GHz or faster (or compatible)
o 1 GB (32-bit) / 2 GB (64-bit) available RAM
Netbook / Chromebook requirements:
- Intel Atom processor at 1.6 GHz and faster
- Intel GMA950 video card with at least 64 MB of memory (or compatible equivalent)
- Screen resolution of at least 1024×600
- Microsoft Internet Explorer version 8.0 and later
- Microsoft Edge 38.x and later
- Mozilla Firefox version 52.x and later
- Google Chrome versions 45.x – 55.x
- Mozilla Firefox ESR version 52.x and later
- How do I install TeenSafe Desktop?Please email email@example.com to get your TeenSafe account ready to use TeenSafe Desktop as the means of downloading new iCloud data from your child’s device. Once your account is setup, the link to download and install the app will be found in “My Account” once you are logged in to www.TeenSafe.com.
- How do I use TeenSafe Desktop?TeenSafe Desktop runs in the background on your home computer. You will access your child’s data on www.TeenSafe.com through a browser. You may also initiate a download of data remotely as long as your home computer is on, awake and connected to the Internet.
TeenSafe has helped me to have honest discussions with my daughter about her life. Being able to monitor her online interactions gives me peace of mind as a parent. I now know that she appreciates the consequences of her actions online.
— Mother of a teen daughter.
TeenSafe is a great tool for us. We’re able to openly monitor our daughter’s online life. We’re teaching her how to communicate with us about issues in her life when they happen rather than waiting for us to find out later. Taking her phone away was simply not an option.
— Parents of a teen daughter
Providing my kids with a smartphone was a natural step in granting them greater independence. But, I wanted to be able to make sure they were making smart decisions online. TeenSafe gave me that ability.
— Mother of two pre-teens.
Security & Privacy
TeenSafe is Secure
TeenSafe uses SSL and data encryption compliant with the NIST Encryption Standards. Your child’s data is encrypted – and remains secure – until delivered to you, the parent.
TeenSafe is Private